Friday, March 12, 2010

sick day

It was such a small space. How could they possibly expect me to answer such a complicated question in a one inch space? Reason for absence? More of an essay question, really. I'd be happy to tell them. They, their school, their country, and my life in it, sucked. I find it intolerable to come here day after day, and sometimes I am incapable of summoning the strength necessary to force myself. That's the condensed version. But even that won't fit into a one inch space. What were they looking for? Was I the first one absent so far? No clues about the answer they were looking for from anyone else's entry. Should it be in sentence form? I have no idea. I have to put something down. I've already stood here too long. I was ill. That will fit. Later, I found they were looking for something much less complex. Sick. Good enough. If you're going to actually answer this question we'll be here all day. I suppose sick does encapsulate it all anyway. Sickness permeates everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment